Are you excited to visit beautiful Iceland in July? Iceland in summer is the best time of the year to visit this spectacular island.
The weather in Iceland in the summer season is mild, with temperatures hovering around 55 to 60 degrees, but it can get quite cold at night. So, when you head to Iceland, you better pack a warm sweater and an umbrella to stay as warm as possible!
Things to do in Iceland in July
- Watch grey seal colonies, which are very common around the Reykjavik archipelago in Iceland. If you like, you can even take a walk amongst the seals and see how they move and interact with one another.
- Take a whale watching tour. In addition to whales, you can see a variety of other marine species in Iceland, including the blue fish, the great white fish, the great blue chub, the sperm whales and even the humpback whales.
- Another great thing about visiting Iceland in July is that you can enjoy seeing the puffins. The puffins are one of the most popular species among tourists, because their appearance is quite stunningly attractive. The exploration museum at Akrotiri is a good place where you can go to have a look at the puffins up close. The museum has a lot of photographs and illustrations depicting the puffins.
- During your Iceland trip, you can also take advantage of the natural hot springs that Iceland is so famous for. Iceland is known for its geothermal activity; therefore, you can hike glaciers and visit the geothermal springs that are Iceland’s key to health. The temperature of the water in the geothermal spring can reach boiling point during the summer months but is cooled down when the sun goes down. You will be able to find ice cave pools where you can relax while you are hiking.
- In addition to the incredible landscape, Iceland is also known for its active volcanoes. The Volcanoes National Park is Iceland’s biggest tourist attraction and is the best way to explore the active volcanoes and active fjords of Iceland. The best way to get to the volcanoes is to take a bus tour from Reykjavik, which will allow you to reach all the popular volcanoes.
- Finally, you can enjoy your Iceland vacation by taking part in the popular glacier tour. The glacier tour allows hikers to view the beautiful scenery of Iceland. Many companies organize a glacier tour for tourists during the July weather makes its way to Iceland. If you are planning to visit Iceland in the July weather, make sure to check out the best glacier tour operators in Iceland.
When thinking about seeing some of the most spectacular landscapes that nature has to offer, what you should probably look at is Iceland in the summer. If you have never been to Iceland before, it is important that you do go see it in the summer so that you will be able to see all that is available to you.
Iceland is one of the most popular tourist destinations in Europe, considered to be one of the dream islands. The tourism sector is the country’s second largest, contributing more than 10 billion kronur per annum to the Gross Domestic Product (GDP). In order to fully enjoy the beauty and attractions of Iceland, tourists are encouraged to participate in the activities and tours organized by the country’s travel agencies and companies.